This simple guide will show you how to measure for your new blinds. At Simply Blinds you have two options you can either;
- Measure for customised blinds and we will make deductions from your full inside jamb to jamb measurement for the blind to fit perfectly inside.
- Measure the window for the nearest ready-made size we have available and purchase this one.
What you will need
- A tape measure. Metal ones are the best!
- A pen and piece of paper
Take all your measurements in millimetres (mm) to the nearest 1mm.
Always look out for things like window handles or tiles. You’ll need to take their position into account to ensure a good fit.
All our blinds can be fitted on to the face of your window frame or wall, or into the top jamb. This gives you complete control over the positioning of your blind.
Please tell us if you want the controls to be on the left hand side of the blind or the right hand side (you will need to mark this down per blind).
Inside or outside fit?
You can choose to have your blind made to fit the inside of the jam of your window or it can hang on the outside architrave.
For an outside fit, the measurement you need to take is from the outside edge of the architrave from side to side (as in the picture).
For an inside fit (the most popular and what we recommend), the measurement you need is from jamb to jamb.
Measuring for an inside fit:
- Measure the width of the window from jamb to jamb in three places. Note down the shortest measurement – this is the one we’ll use.
- Measure the drop by taking the measurement from the top jamb to the bottom jamb (or window sill) in three places. Note down the shortest measurement.
- Either put the measurement into the website and we can make it to measure or look for the nearest measurement to this size for the ready-made option.
Measuring for an outside fit:
- Measure the exact width of where you’d like your blind to be (architrave to architrave). Note down the measurement.
- Measure the exact drop from the top of where you want your blind to be to the bottom. Note down the measurement.
- Either put the measurement into the website and we can make it to measure or look for the nearest measurement to this size for the readymade option.
If you have any questions about measuring your window, call 0800 468 566 or contact us